[TxMt] Basic Questions

kyle murphy kmurph79 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:50:56 UTC 2008

I'm new to TextMate.  I have some questions I was hoping you guys could help me with.

1.  Let's say I wanted to create a Language Grammar (.bah) that inserts 'bah' when I type b + tab. However, this snippet should only work in .bah files.

So my new language looks like this:

{	scopeName = 'text.bah';
	fileTypes = ( bah );

When I create a new snippet, and give it a scope of 'text', it works in .bah files; however, when I give it a scope of text.bah, it doesn't.

2.  When I go to Bundles -> RoR -> Install Plugin I get this error:
/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby on Rails.tmbundle/Support/bin/list_plugins.rb:27:in `join': can't convert nil into String (TypeError) from /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Ruby on Rails.tmbundle/Support/bin/list_plugins.rb:27

3.  I supposedly installed 'Edit in TextMate' successfully, it gives me this: Success! /Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/Resources/Edit in TextMate copied to /Library/InputManagers

But, whenever I go to Safari or TextMate 'Edit in TextMate' isn't under the edit menu.  I've tried restarting and everything.  Still nothing.

4.  Okay, last one.  I downloaded Peepcode's screencast on TM, and when I tried to emulate the part where he created a scaffold-like create method using 'defcreate + tab', it didn't work.  I put the caret in a Controller, and changed the language to Ruby on Rails.

The question is the same for all: how do I make it work?

Thank you!