[TxMt] Re: Latex-Bundle: Error by using "Insert label/citation based on current word"

Jan Michael jan.michael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 21:41:13 UTC 2008

Haris,

On 11.09.2008, at 23:08, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
> Not sure what I can suggest, but to begin with does this problem
> persist after reboot? And what exactly has changed between your
> system before the crash and your system after? I.e. what exactly do
> you mean by "resurrection of the system"?

In steps:

(1) Clean and fresh install of Leopard 10.5.0
(2) Migration of old profile including apps and library folder
(3) Upgrade to 10.5.4
(4) Manual copy of /usr/local from Backup to new system disk

I had MacTeX 2007 installed on the old system. But since than a lot of
modification where made by me to the tex tree in /usr/local, so that
just copied the tree and didn't do a complete reinstallation.

And yes. The problem persists after reboot.

> And yeah, let's start with the output to "echo $PATH". Do you have /
> usr/texbin? If not, does the problem get solved if you create a
> symbolic link from /usr/texbin to the path /usr/local/texlive/2007/
> bin/i386-darwin  ?

This is the requested output from echo $PATH:

 > [Jan at iah-2] ~ > echo $PATH
 > /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin:/opt/subversion/bin:/opt/
local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/
bin:/usr/X11/bin

And yes the symbolic link solved the problem!

I already tracked down the method "find_file" in "/Applications/
TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb" which
produces the error.
But even adding /usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-darwin/ to locs in
"tex_path" method didn't helped.

Many Thanks! But shouldn't this have worked without the symbolic link?

Cheers,

	Jan