[TxMt] Re: Next/previous tab bindings?

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 08:03:22 UTC 2008

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> As for the former, I am like 99.9% decided on switching to ⌘{/⌘}
> because of how this is Apple’s de facto standard (Safari + Terminal),
> though it gives a problem with non-US keyboards (keys are hard to
> reach) though of more concern; it clashes with the current commands in
> the LaTeX bundle.

Apple’s “de facto standard” from Safari is the stupidest set of key
bindings ever.  I don’t know who decided that ⇧⌘→ / ⇧⌘← was reasonable
for switching tabs, but they should be repeatedly kicked or pinched
until they change it. ⌥⌘→ ⌥⌘← is the obviously correct choice (given
that it doesn’t conflict with, and I’m glad for the 3-4 apps I have
which picked it.  If TextMate 2 changes this, I can of course change it
back, but it will bring a tiny bit of sadness to my day.

-Jacob