[TxMt] Re: latex pgfplots cannot find gnuplot tables

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Tue Sep 2 12:39:46 UTC 2008

Not so paranoid about security, but for what it is worth here is a vote
against enabling --shell escape by default.

The TeX directive is a good idea I think, but there is a potential
wrinkle. XeTeX doesn't take --shell-escape but -shell-escape, that is,
one dash preceding, not two. So running XeTeX with a document with the
proposed TeX directive is going to throw up errors...