[TxMt] Re: latex pgfplots cannot find gnuplot tables

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:04:42 UTC 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:48 AM, Graham Smith wrote:

> Charilaos
>

>> This is almost certainly a path issue. First off, open the file again
>> in TextMate, and press "opt-cmd-," which opens up the LaTeX
>> preferences. Then click on the "Verbose TeX output" option, and type
>> "-shell-escape" without the quotes in the Options box.
>
> In fact this was all that was needed, it now works perfectly  :-)

Glad to hear it!

It might be worth for us to consider enabling the flag by default
when certain packages are included. For instance, we could search for
pgfplots inclusion in the document, and automatically enable -shell-
escape in that case. Right now, you would have that enabled for all
your files unless you change it back each time, and presumably having
it enabled has security consequences. Any thoughts from other more
experiences LaTeX users? Are there other packages that need -shell-
escape? Brad, what's your view?

And now, off to the second day of classes for me.

> Many thanks for this, aren't problems simple to solve when you know
> the answer, and indeed, how to ask the question properly.
>
> Graham

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College