[TxMt] Re: latex pgfplots cannot find gnuplot tables

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Tue Sep 2 09:02:21 UTC 2008

Le 2 sept. 08 à 09:31, Graham Smith a écrit :

> I have run  pdflatex --shell-escape PDFPlotTrial2.tex from terminal
> (which seemed to work as I got pages of text appearing with no obvious
> error messages) and I have upgraded to version 2 of pgf. GNUPlot was
> installed with fink and runs OK from typing gnuplot in terminal.
>
> I am now stuck, and no idea what to try next. I am pretty new to this
> so it could well be something so obvious that no one is suggesting it.
> Can anyone help.

Hi

I don't have "pgfplots" on my computer and the first thing it's to
  to make a try with a simple example with only TikZ.
For example

8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{tikz}
   \begin{document}
          \begin{tikzpicture}
           \draw[color=blue]
            plot[id=sin,domain=0:6,samples=100] function{sin(x)};
        \end{tikzpicture}
   \end{document}
8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------

If there is a problem with gnuplot, I think that the problem is a "PATH"
  problem.

I don't like the "fink" solution, I prefer to compile gnuplot from the
  sources.
You can make a symbolic link in /usr/local/bin/ through gnuplot in the
  /sw directory (i don't know the exact folder) with "ln -s etc ..."
If my answer is not correct and
if you  want more explanations, the better place is the mac OS TEX list
(macosx-tex) if you work with TexShop or Itexmac.
You have also the TexMate List if you work with TexMate.

Best Regards

Alain