[TxMt] Re: Latex bundle bug (was HTML-output-window just looks plain wrong)

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Thu Oct 9 10:18:18 UTC 2008

On 9 Oct 2008, at 00:07, Alex Ross wrote:
>> I'm very well aware how much of a pain these things can get (though
>> most of the times I'd tend to think it's the users making bad things
>> in their .profiles, but still, it's to the system to adapt to the
>> user
>> and not the other way around).
>
> But here we want to protect users from bad things they may have put in
> their shells, and also avoid running code that is only meant to be
> executed when logging in.  I agree that having to set up the PATH is
> slightly annoying, but it's something that only needs to be done
> once.  And probably it will be made easier in the future…

I think I didn't express myself very well, but we're basically saying
the same thing (TextMate should work no matter what exotic things one
might have done in his shell).

>> I would suggest however that at some point that gets clearly stated,
>> as it's quite disturbing to face that weird output.
>
> Yes, the command should be made to show a more friendly error when it
> can't find the correct path — but remember you are using prerelease
> code so this kind of thing should be expected from time to time.

Sure I'm aware of that :) Just gave my 2 cents, as people say.

> Thanks for catching the bug, btw. :)

I wasn't the one who actually caught the bug, though I'm happy I faced
it at the same time someone else did (I think the OP was Niels
Kobschaetzki).

enas