[TxMt] Re: Suddenly xelatex is not found anymore

Niels Kobschaetzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:31:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Paul McCann <paul.mccann at adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> just noticed no one had replied to this...
>

>> Error: xelatex is not found, you need to install LaTeX or be sure that
>> your PATH is setup properly.
>>
>> sh: line 0: type: xelatex: not found
>>
>> When I run from TextMate "which xelatex" it gives me: /usr/texbin/xelatex
>> In Terminal the same, command completion in Terminal works fine as
>> well. Compiling the file in Terminal works as well.
>
> The PATH as set in a terminal window is not the PATH that TextMate sees. You
> can see what PATH is available in TextMate by entering
>
>   printenv PATH
>
> and then (with the cursor on that line) hitting control-R. I imagine that
> you'll find "/usr/texbin" is *not* in the resulting list, so you need to get
> it in there. Section 8.2 of the TextMate manual covers how to do this...

It is there:

/Users/nik/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Support/bin/CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/texbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/Users/nik/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Support/bin

Niels