[TxMt] Re: Shell escape with Latex watch

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed Oct 1 14:43:37 UTC 2008

Hi Jan,

Sure, but that option doesn't seem to affect the "Watch document"
command.

I can specifically create a document that uses a \write18{echo "Bla "
 > file.txt} command that works when compiled ("Typeset & View (PDF)"
command) but do not when using the "Watch document" command.

In the case I use Typeset & View, with the -shell-escape option
specified, I get in the .log file an entry showing:

system(echo "Bla " > file.txt)...executed.

(and the file is indeed created), while if I use the Watch document
version, the log shows

system(echo "Bla " > file.txt)...disabled.

So, obviously, Watch document doesn't use the shell-escape option,
regardless of the option set in the LaTeX bundle preferences.

So my question remains, how to activate it?

Thanks,

enas