[TxMt] Re: Latex bundle troubleshooting II

Alex Ross tm-alex at rosiba.com
Sun Nov 30 18:09:08 UTC 2008

On Nov 30, 2008, at 6:53 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

>>> And if I want to use the Shell Variables in the  prefs of TextMate,
>>> what is the syntax ?
>>
>> There is no syntax for it.  You simply open the preferences, go to
>> the
>> Advanced pane, and select the shell variables tab.  Or did I miss
>> your
>> point?
>
> variable = PATH ?
> and value = ???

Have you updated to the recent cutting edge build of TextMate?  If
not, do that first.

After updating, open TextMate's preferences.  Go to the Advanced pane,
and select the Shell Variables tab.  If you have other “PATH”
variables set there already, remove them.  Now, add a new variable by
clicking the + sign.

   Set the “Variable” part to “PATH”.
   Set the “Value” part to “/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/
bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin”.

Make sure that the box next to your new “PATH” variable is checked.

That should be enough to let the Typeset and View command find your
tex installation.

—Alex