[TxMt] Re: latex bundle: handling pstricks and pst-pdf together

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed Nov 19 15:00:07 UTC 2008

> We are probably being too smart for our own good on this one, but I
> don't see another easy way to go about it, unless we decide not to
> try to detect the need for the dvips route.

Yes I don't see any easy syntactic way of correctly detecting that.
And it's a good thing to try to detect it.

> Note that you can always dictate which engine you want TextMate to
> use by a directive such as the following at the top of the file:
>
> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
>

> If you just add this as your first line, then TextMate should be
> using pdflatex for the compilation. Does that fix your problem?

Thank you Hari,

Yes it works with that directive.

However, that's how I was expecting the LaTeX bundle preferences to
work (I mean one day I was playing with pdftricks, it took me HUGE
amount of time to debug on why it was passing through DVI, while the
whole point was to avoid that - until I took a look at the compile
scripts). Now I'll grant you that, now that I am reading the bundle
documentation on that part, it's clearly stated :)

Do you think there could be another preference for specifying whether
we want a strict or a fallback setting for the engine?

A.