[TxMt] Re: Latex Bundle: Skim 1.2 and pdfsync

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:27:30 UTC 2008

Thanks for the report Mark, I've made the relevant change to
texMate.py. For some reason I kept no getting errors when trying to
commit, so it's not up in the official cite yet, but hopefully soon.
The -r flag thing sounds interesting, I suppose it means we might not
have to call applescript as we currently do.

On Nov 11, 2008, at 11:32 AM, Mark Patterson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed Skim 1.2 (a pdf viewer). They appear to have moved
> the `displayline' command from <skim dir>/Contents/Resources/
> displayline to <skim dir>/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline which
> breaks the pdfsync integration with the TextMate LaTeX bundle.
>
> I updated the path in <textmate dir>/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
> Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py, line 111 which seems to have
> corrected the problem:
>     if viewer == 'Skim' and vp:
>         syncPath = vp + '/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline ' +
> os.getenv('TM_LINE_NUMBER') + ' ' + pdfFile + ' ' +
> shell_quote(os.getenv('TM_FILEPATH'))
>
> I noticed that displayline now supports a -r flag to refresh the pdf
> so the refresh and pdfsync could be done in one command. I wasn't
> feeling confident enough in my python skills to try this.
>
> -Mark

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College