[TxMt] Latex Bundle: Skim 1.2 and pdfsync

Mark Patterson cleobis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 16:32:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I just installed Skim 1.2 (a pdf viewer). They appear to have moved
the `displayline' command from <skim dir>/Contents/Resources/
displayline to <skim dir>/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline which
breaks the pdfsync integration with the TextMate LaTeX bundle.

I updated the path in <textmate dir>/Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/
Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py, line 111 which seems to have
corrected the problem:
    if viewer == 'Skim' and vp:
        syncPath = vp + '/Contents/SharedSupport/displayline ' +
os.getenv('TM_LINE_NUMBER') + ' ' + pdfFile + ' ' +
shell_quote(os.getenv('TM_FILEPATH'))

I noticed that displayline now supports a -r flag to refresh the pdf
so the refresh and pdfsync could be done in one command. I wasn't
feeling confident enough in my python skills to try this.

-Mark