[TxMt] Re: ANN: PySmell 0.7.1 actually works on TextMate this time

Tue Nov 4 07:42:34 UTC 2008

On 4 Nov 2008, at 01:44, Orestis Markou wrote:

> [...]
> I uncovered a weird problem when using dialog.py, that is, passing
> more than 1500 items to tm_dialog through the -p option breaks
> something. I've hacked together my own tm_dialog.py that uses
> subprocess to send the plist through stdin, and everything is working
> again.

I missed you on IRC (CEST) but yes, there is indeed a systme imposed
maxium argument size (of about 64 KB), and for that reason, tm_dialog
should generally be called with the plist written to its stdin (as you
changed it to do).

We’ll gladly patch the default dialog.py with your changes, just send
the patch here or paste on IRC, and someone will pick it up :)