[TxMt] ANN: PySmell 0.7.1 actually works on TextMate this time

Orestis Markou orestis at orestis.gr
Tue Nov 4 00:44:03 UTC 2008

Thanks for the feedback everybody!

I uncovered a weird problem when using dialog.py, that is, passing
more than 1500 items to tm_dialog through the -p option breaks
something. I've hacked together my own tm_dialog.py that uses
subprocess to send the plist through stdin, and everything is working
again.

I've now released PySmell 0.7.1 which includes this fix plus better
error handling and reporting.

Copying the previous email:

I'm very proud to announce the release of PySmell v0.7!

PySmell is an auto-completion library for Python, meant to be plugged
in different editors. It uses static analysis to generate a TAGS file
for your code, and uses that to give you suggestions. It's very fast -
suggestions are instantaneous and analyzing Django 1.0 takes ~15
seconds.

Download from PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pysmell/

Issue tracking at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/pysmell

Development at GitHub: http://github.com/orestis/pysmell/tree/master

The big news for this release is the support for Emacs and TextMate,
on top of the already existing Vim support. This isn't tested as
rigorously as I'd like, so please report any issues at Google Code.

Thanks,
Orestis Markou
orestis at orestis.gr
http://orestis.gr/