[TxMt] Feature Request: Copy the content of a tooltip into the clipboard

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu May 29 12:15:31 UTC 2008

On 29 May 2008, at 13:57, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> [...]
> If it is implemented as a log the one who implements it should not
> forget log-rotation. I guess a new log-file for every day would be
> best (old one shouldn't be deleted - maybe there should be an option
> how long those files should "live").

Say you get five tool tips each day, each consisting of 60 bytes. The
log then grows by less than 100 kilo bytes per year — I think log
rotation is perhaps not that super critical :)

But Apple has a <x-man-page://3/asl/> which is still rather
rudimentary but can handle log rotation and stuff, and is something
they are devoted to improving (the logging framework), so while it
might not immediately look that beneficial, probably that is what I
should use.