[TxMt] Feature Request: Copy the content of a tooltip into the clipboard

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu May 29 12:12:07 UTC 2008

On 29 May 2008, at 13:57, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Allan Odgaard
> <throw-away-2 at macromates.com> wrote:
>> On 29 May 2008, at 13:15, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> But how about an option in TM's preference:
>>> "Write the content of any tool tip to /tmp/TM_tooltip.txt"
>>
>> I think a log is an excellent idea. So basically all (command) tool
>> tip
>> output goes to ~/Library/Logs/ with a date stamp or similar,
>> preferably with
>> some newline escaping so a "repeat last tool tip" command would
>> just tail
>> -n1 «log», and similarly for a copy.
>
> If it is implemented as a log the one who implements it should not
> forget log-rotation. I guess a new log-file for every day would be
> best (old one shouldn't be deleted - maybe there should be an option
> how long those files should "live").

I agree in some sense. To do a log-file-like system would be nice.

Maybe better would be to have a log file which holds, let's say, up to
ten tool tip contents. If the 11th will append, the first in the file
will be deleted.

I mean, it isn't worth to have all contents of a tool tips at your
hard disk. It is more or less a temporary situation like Luke
mentioned. This also occurred to me that a tool tip poped up but I
couldn't read it because I moved my mouse.

--Hans