[TxMt] AS3 Commenting Style

Gaby Vanhegan gaby at vanhegan.net
Wed May 28 16:39:54 UTC 2008

On 26 May 2008, at 11:03, Simon Gregory wrote:

>> Does this mean that I shouldn't change the commenting style from
>> the default as its part of the recommended ASDoc formatting scheme?
>
> As long as the asdoc tool can read your comments then anything goes.
> I'm building the bundle to use any established conventions where
> possible, rather than my personal choice.

My preferred commenting style should be fine for ASDoc to parse then.
The question still stands, where/how can I change the default comment
formatting?

> I've had some heated debates in the past over details such as the
> placement of a bracket or having a space before the * in a
> documentation line. I often find that, when I change to a different
> style for a couple of days, it quickly becomes the case that I can't
> really see what I was arguing about.

I know what you mean but my fastidious nature kicks in every time it
adds that extra tab, causing me to issue a loud expletive with every
added comment line...

G.

--
Being drunk is feeling sophisticated without being able to say it.
http://www.playr.co.uk/