[TxMt] New LaTeX sectioning structure

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon May 26 18:06:12 UTC 2008

Hi Will,

I believe you can already use \begin{section} and \begin{subsection}
(And corresponding \end things), which might take you partly there
without any changes, I think we support those variants. Changing the
bundle to support something which is not standard, bound to be
confusing (for instance should the top level correspond to a \section
or a \chapter? or a \part?) and not offering much enhanced
functionality is not something I look forward to.

There is of course a "Show outline" command, not sure how much that
serves your needs. The safe moving of code around is the tricky part,
if that's what you were hoping for. What exactly do you mean by
"missing the nice outlining features"? In any case, I think it's
preferable to make the current system work, instead of inventing a
new system.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College