[TxMt] Latex: should i be getting "There was a problem reading the preferences file, continuing with defaults"?

Darren Croton darren at astro.berkeley.edu
Tue May 6 16:11:39 UTC 2008

Hi.

I've recently moved from emacs to TextMate and am enjoying the shift.
When i first tested it, the Latex bundle option "Typeset & View"
worked fine.  However that was short lived, and a week later i now get
"There was a problem reading the preferences file, continuing with
defaults".

I've noticed other people have experienced this before, and the
the python plist parser under Tiger, but that Leopard should be fine.
However i'm using 10.5.2 and the latest version of vanilla TextMate
(freshly downloaded), running on a PPC G4.  I have also freshly
installed teTex from macports which works fine both in emacs and from
the command line.

Can anyone suggest where to begin?

Thanks.