[TxMt] Blogging Bundle and posting dates

Punkin @ Mag3.14159 punkin at mag3.14159.ca
Wed Mar 19 16:57:21 UTC 2008

I'm currently using the Blogging Bundle to post to a WordPress 2.4
blog. I'm not entirely sure if the problem I'm experiencing is on the
WP or the TM side of things (or someplace in between), but it
manifests itself within (and so far, only within) TM, so I thought I'd
start here. If these questions would be better directed elsewhere,
please let me know.

After posting via TextMate, the post gets sent back down to TextMate
with various meta-data filled in. Among this meta-data is the date
field. This date is being offset back by 4 hours, although the actual
post within WP has the correct time.

For instance:

* I create a post within TM at 11:04:41 -0400, and post it to my blog.

* The post, within wordpress, has a post date of 11:04:41 -0400

* The post that's returned to TM, however, now has a Date of 07:04:41
-0400

This rollback appears to be directly related to the time zone as
defined in WordPress. If I change my time zone to NDT (-0230), then
the time that appears on the post inside TextMate is rolled back by
2.5 hours:

* I create a post within TM at 11:04:41 -0400, and post it to my blog.

* The post, within wordpress, has a post date of 11:04:41 -0400

* The post that's returned to TM, however, now has a date of 08:34:41
-0400

The issue is that if I then update the entry and repost via TextMate,
I need to manually adjust the time on the entry, or it will now be
back-dated within WordPress as well. I frequently revise posts after
they've been published, and depending on the time of day, this
behaviour can even result in my permalinks being changed.

I also downloaded another blogging client (MarsEdit), and attempted to
re-create the problem there. Other Blogging Client displays the same
date/time as is stored in WordPress; reposting the entry does not
cause the date/time in Other Blogging Client to change.

Which leads me to suspect that the problem is somehow specific to
TextMate or the Blogging Bundle.

I'm running TextMate Version 1.5.7 (1455) if it matters. I'm not sure
which version of the Blogging Bundle I'm using, as it doesn't seem to
advertise that anywhere that I can see.

My thanks in advance for any pointers or suggestions anyone may be
able to offer.

Gwen