[TxMt] Select Scope Bug? and missing snippet?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Wed Mar 19 03:16:42 UTC 2008

On 18 Mar 2008, at 22:10, Thomas Krajacic wrote:

> I have a question about comment blocks in Java and possibly a bug
> with the scope.
> consider this (foo.java):
> [...]
> when I put the cursor somewhere inside the first paragraph and
> select from the menu
> Edit > Select > Current Scope
>
> The selection is missing the first 'T' and starts with the 'h'.

The paragraph excluding first letter in that comment block was scoped
as text.html. I changed the begin match to use a look-ahead, so that
the first letter is now also part of the text.html scope.

> Anyway. There used to be this little command called "show current
> scope" but I can't find it anymore.
> Is it gone?

It was moved to the Bundle Development bundle.

> [...] snippet to make returns inside a comment block automatically
> insert an asterisk at the beginning of the line.
> This has not been implemented yet?

No, things that not everybody may like are generally not included.
When we get per-item excludes we can ship with more of these “fancy”
customizations.

> I already suspect that I have somewhat of a corrupt Textmate Bundle
> maybe because I can't find those things.

If in doubt, http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/RevertToDefaultBundles
  :)