[TxMt] Select Scope Bug? and missing snippet?

Thomas Krajacic tkrajacic at inode.at
Tue Mar 18 21:10:27 UTC 2008

I have a question about comment blocks in Java and possibly a bug with
the scope.
consider this (foo.java):

/**
  * This class interfaces with the native Cpp Library to model a jet
engine.
  * It provides methods to set input parameters and retrieve the state
of the
  * engine via a list of output values.
  *
  * @author Thomas Krajacic
  * @version 1.0
  */

when I put the cursor somewhere inside the first paragraph and select
from the menu
Edit > Select > Current Scope

The selection is missing the first 'T' and starts with the 'h'.

Anyway. There used to be this little command called "show current
scope" but I can't find it anymore.
Is it gone? I saw it in one of the first screencasts. (The shortcut he
used was Ctr-Shift-P, but typing that
actually performs the same thing as Shift-UpArrow... just selecting
the line from the cursor back to one line above)
Furthermore there was this episode [Scope Based Customization] where
Allan showed
the snippet to make returns inside a comment block automatically
insert an asterisk at the beginning of the line.
This has not been implemented yet? (Still something to create
yourself? Admittedly really simple but still...)

I already suspect that I have somewhat of a corrupt Textmate Bundle
maybe because I can't find those things.
I use the svn checkout to get the latest bundles and in my users
library/application support, there is no
Textmate Bundle that would override the checked out version.

Maybe someone can try the selection thing out and shed some light on
the snippet inexistence for me.

Thanks,
Thomas