[TxMt] esc in latex

Christopher Brewster C.Brewster at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 16:14:34 UTC 2008

Charilaos,

Thanks for your reply but I am afraid that does not solve the problem.
I was not using \ref{} by itself.
My text is a multipart phd thesis.

There are plenty of previous \label items for \ref{} to pick up.
I thought it may be because I was not compiling the whole document and
just part but that is not the problem.
All I get is a beep.

When I use opt-esc I get the following:
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/
lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `initialize': No such file or directory - /
Users/kiffer/Documents/kiffer_on_Mac/Sheffield/papers/mythesis/
classicthesis/ClassicThesis2.tex
  (Errno::ENOENT)
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/
Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `open'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/
Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:19:in `options'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/
Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:45:in `master'
	from /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/
Support/lib/LaTeXUtils.rb:56:in `get_labels'
	from /tmp/temp_textmate.7rMXKq:8

I am not clear what this means.

Christopher

Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 211 Portobello Street
Sheffield   S1 4DP   UNITED KINGDOM
Web: http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~kiffer/
Tel: +44(0)114-22.21967  Fax: +44 (0)114-22.21810
Skype: christopherbrewster
SkypeIn (UK): +44 (20) 8144 0088
SkypeIn (US): +1 (617) 381-4281
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges. Tacitus. Annals 3.27

On 18 Mar 2008, at 04:15, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Christopher Brewster wrote:

> Why is this not working for me?
> When I use a \ref{} and press escape nothing happens except a sound
> from the computer.
>
> How can I track down the problem?

I assume that opt-esc works in the same case?

If really al you have typed is \ref{}, then you shouldn't expect esc
to work, since it has no word to match with. Note that more generally,
the "esc" mechanism works more or less like the standard completion
mechanism, i.e. it needs to be seeing exactly the beginning of the
label you are asking it to complete, while the "opt-esc" mechanism is
happy with matching the current word anywhere in the corresponding
label. I.e. in a situation like this:

\label{bel}
\label{eqn:bel}
\ref{b}
\ref{e}
\ref{q}

When you ask it to esc-complete the \ref{b}, you get bel, when you ask
it to esc-complete \ref{e} you get eqn:bel, and for \ref{q} you get a
beep.
When you ask it to opt-esc-complete, you get both options in the first
two cases, and only eqn:bel in the third case.

Does that answer your question?

esc-label completion is also case sensitive.

> Christopher

> Department of Computer Science, University of Sheffield

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College

For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)