[TxMt] New R bundles available

Sean Anderson sc2ander at xcskier.com
Mon Mar 17 19:30:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 17 Mar 2008, at 16:33, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:
>  I changed the code for it a bit in that respect.
>
>  Now you can select the function declaration and send it to the
>  Rdaemon, switch to the Rdaemon doc, and you can use that function
>  (the Rdaemon console is not "messed up", error messages could be seen
>  with opt+apple+A 2).
>  Of course, if there is a need to have also/only the "old" behaviour I
>  can add/change this. Any comments?

Ah, I see. Interesting approach. I do like that in some circumstances.

Other times, however, it is nice to get some immediate feedback on
errors and/or R output when sending selections of text to Rdaemon. I
guess the disadvantage is that you can't have multiple console windows
open without consequences. (Although I've never found myself doing
that.)

Might be nice to simply have two bundle commands: one to send silently
and one to update the console and output the result.

This new behaviour reminds me of the Emacs + ESS command 'evaluate
this line/region' without switching focus. On that note, as an
alternative, would it be possible to have a selection sent to the
console, the output displayed, and the focus shifted back (or always
staying on) the R source code window? I would find that quite useful.

Thanks for all your work!
Sean