[TxMt] Adding Latex Word count and paths with spaces - a little off topic

Mark Eli Kalderon eli at markelikalderon.com
Fri Mar 7 12:30:40 UTC 2008

> This is a bit off topic, but I have added  a word count command  to TextMate for Latex using  texWordCount.pl as described here
>
> http://markelikalderon.com/blog/2007/12/30/latex-and-word-count-revisited/
>

> This raised two questions.
>
> 1. Is there a "good practice" place to put such snippets of code, and
>
> 2. I put it in ~Library/Application Support/Textmate/Code
>
> Adding the "Code" folder to the existing directory tree.

I am not sure I know what you mean by snippets of code. Do you mean
texWordCount.pl? If so, that can live wherever you normally keep such
scripts, like ~/bin or /usr/local/bin/. I normally put any commands that
I write for the LaTeX bundle, not in the bundle itself, but in a
separate bundle called Latex Custom or something like that (not strictly
speaking necessary but neater that way.)

All the best, Mark