[TxMt] Edit in TextMate doesn't work on pages with multiple textareas

Jay Soffian jaysoffian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:19:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Adam Murray <adamjmurray at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am really interested in using the "Edit in TextMate" feature in
>  Safari but it doesn't work on the sites where I want to use it. I
>  believe I installed it properly because it works from Mail and some
>  web pages in Safari. After a bit of experimentation it seems the "Edit
>  in TextMate" command doesn't work if there is more than one textarea
>  on the page.
>
>  As a test, I created two HTML files on my computer:

>  <textarea></textarea>
>
>  and

>  <textarea></textarea>
>  <textarea></textarea>
>
>  "Edit in TextMate" works for the first file. For the second file it
>  fails silently (I don't see any errors in the Console). I am running
>  TextMate Version 1.5.7 (1455) and Safari 3.0.4 on Leopard 10.5.2. Any
>  ideas?

Yep, I fixed this (and a few other items - see "svn log
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Tools/Edit%20in%20TextMate/" ) and sent
patches to Allan. He checked them into Subversion. You can either wait for the
next cutting-edge TextMate release, or grab Edit in Textmate… from Subversion
and build it w/Xcode.

j.