[TxMt] Edit in TextMate doesn't work on pages with multiple textareas

Adam Murray adamjmurray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:22:10 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am really interested in using the "Edit in TextMate" feature in
Safari but it doesn't work on the sites where I want to use it. I
believe I installed it properly because it works from Mail and some
web pages in Safari. After a bit of experimentation it seems the "Edit
in TextMate" command doesn't work if there is more than one textarea
on the page.

As a test, I created two HTML files on my computer:

<textarea></textarea>

and

<textarea></textarea>
<textarea></textarea>

"Edit in TextMate" works for the first file. For the second file it
fails silently (I don't see any errors in the Console). I am running
TextMate Version 1.5.7 (1455) and Safari 3.0.4 on Leopard 10.5.2. Any
ideas?

-Adam