[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:20:20 UTC 2008

podperson wrote:
> A very reasonable preference, especially since I have *never* encountered a
> mailing list where *everything* is interesting.

Okay, your post, and its trolling follow-ups have now created a nice
flame-war.  You have effectively reduced the signal:noise ratio of this
mailing list, and showed that even mailing lists might need moderation
sometimes.  Are you satisfied?

Nigel Metheringham wrote:
 > Frankly forums are implemented by people who misunderstand mailing
 > lists.

++

And that’s not all they misunderstood.  Ever looked at various forum
markup syntaxes?

Alaric Snell-Pym wrote:
 > As *everybody* who deserves access to any form of communication
 > system capable of transmitting messages further than a hundred metres
 > knows, the only correct Internet discussion system is Usenet.
 >
 > Duh.

That’s certainly how I access this list. :-)

-Jacob