[TxMt] Re: Actual Forum?

Niels Kobschaetzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:52:16 UTC 2008

<snip snip>

And now a thing someone mentioned that you can't do with a
mailing-list: ignoring a thread. I mute it now in gmail (or would
set-up a rule in a mail-client of my choice) and therefore it moves
directly to the archive.

Btw. imap can be low-bandwidth. I don't know what kind of
mailing-client you are using but any client i saw 'til now can only
download the headers of mails and you download only more if you open a
mail.

Btw. forum -1 (that would be a second one from me) I have to use for
some things in my life forum's and everytime I think it sucks because
even with good mobile interfaces they usually suck on mobile browsers
(like blackberry or opera) and mail clients work. On stationary
machines it's just a website more I have to go to check if there's new
information because I've never seen a forum with a good rss-feed.

Niels