[TxMt] Re: LaTeX: Wrapping once more and Extended Set of Citations

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Tue Jul 8 10:03:46 UTC 2008

On 8 Jul 2008, at 10:51, Hans-Martin v. Gaudecker wrote:

> I'm new to TextMate, mainly used it for LaTeX editing so far and very
> much like it. I know it's not a new issue (http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2007-October/022871.html
>  etc), but I am seriously missing any way to wrap my text -- I am
> collaborating via svn with coauthors who are working on different
> platforms (and some of them with all-too-basic editors) and hence,
> having paragraphs in long lines is out of the question. As suggested
> before, hard-wrapped paragraphs are certainly not the perfect
> solution, but they work reasonably well with line-based diff tools
> (and there is no way I can get my coauthors to use others).
>
> It is not necessarily a question of automatic hard-wrapping. I would
> be fine to ``manually'' do that only before committing a file.

By myself I have two naïve commands for that:

Select your paragraph and invoke either:

fold -s -w ${TM_COLUMNS:-72}

or

fmt ${TM_COLUMNS:-72}

According to TM's 'Wrap Columns' setting you can fold or format the
selection.
The second one has the advantage if you increase the 'Wrap Columns'
setting from let's say 72 to 80, this command will reformat it nicely.
The first one only works if you decrease the number of columns.

For me it works pretty good. But beware of the fmt command. If you
invoke it to format the entire latex document it will destroy the lines.

As an attachment I have these two tmcommands.

Cheers,

--Hans