[TxMt] LaTeX: Wrapping once more and Extended Set of Citations

Hans-Martin v. Gaudecker hmgaudecker at web.de
Tue Jul 8 08:51:38 UTC 2008

I'm new to TextMate, mainly used it for LaTeX editing so far and very
much like it. I know it's not a new issue (http://lists.macromates.com/textmate/2007-October/022871.html
  etc), but I am seriously missing any way to wrap my text -- I am
collaborating via svn with coauthors who are working on different
platforms (and some of them with all-too-basic editors) and hence,
having paragraphs in long lines is out of the question. As suggested
before, hard-wrapped paragraphs are certainly not the perfect
solution, but they work reasonably well with line-based diff tools
(and there is no way I can get my coauthors to use others).

It is not necessarily a question of automatic hard-wrapping. I would
be fine to ``manually'' do that only before committing a file. For now
it's opening it in Emacs and hitting C-c C-q C-e. Does it seem
feasible to extend the Control-Shift-H "Tidy" functionality of the
LaTeX bundle to include hard-wrapping at a user-specified point, maybe
along these lines: http://blog.macromates.com/2006/wrapping-text-with-regular-expressions/
  ? Would also be great if one was able to do that by paragraph (Emacs
Alt-q).

Another thing is that I am using the harvard citation styles and it
feels a bit strange to have \cite{.} highlighted differently than
\citeasnoun{.} etc. Can anybody help me out on whether the list of
citation commands is adjustable and if so, how?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Hans-Martin