[TxMt] compiling *plain* tex documents with postscript figures

agl artemio at eresmas.net
Sun Jan 20 14:35:20 UTC 2008

Brad Miller-6 wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2008, at 5:54 AM, agl wrote:
>

>> agl wrote:

>>> Brad,
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot for your help! Although I am a total newbie with
>>> TextMate,
>>> after some experiment I came up with the following script called
>>> "alttex",
>>> which works like a charm (I'm posting it in case it may be of help to
>>> someone else):
>>>
>>> FILE="${TM_LATEX_MASTER:-$TM_FILEPATH}"
>>> etex "$FILE" && dvips -t a4 "${FILE%.tex}.dvi" && ps2pdf "$
>>> {FILE.tex}.ps"
>                                                                     ^
> missing a % here
>
> I think that should fix it.
>
> Brad

Brad,

That indeed fixed it. However, there's still a minor nag, namely if there is
no pdf file corresponding to the tex file when you run the script TextMate
doesn't open the newly generated pdf file after the script runs, and it
wrongly complains that it doesn't exist (see my previous posting for more
details). (The second and successive times everything works as expected,
i.e, the existing pdf file is reloaded and brought to the front). Do you
know how this (minor) problem could be fixed?

Cheers,

Artemio