[TxMt] TM tokenizer is taking 100% CPU for long while using 100-200KB text files with single line

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Wed Feb 27 12:47:23 UTC 2008

> If I do this test.html pops up in a second.
> My settings are Soft wrap is On AND! Check Spelling as you type is
> OFF.
> But then you get into troubles while editing.
This is exactly what I'm trying to emphasize.

When I use:
$ perl -e '{print "<html></html>" x 20000}' > test.html
File loads immediately but TM takes 100% CPU for few minutes then
syntax highlight appears.

When I use:
$ perl -e '{print "<html></html>\n" x 20000}' > test.html
(Note the \n)
File loads immediately together with syntax highlight, no 100% CPU.

So I think there's definitely something wrong with syntax highlight
(tokenizer).
I remember compiler & parser construction lessons on my university,
and the lexer & parser performance shouldn't matter of line breaks.

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|