[TxMt] TM tokenizer is taking 100% CPU for long while using 100-200KB text files with single line

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 27 12:11:18 UTC 2008

On 27 Feb 2008, at 12:51, Adam Strzelecki wrote:
> I've sent a mail to Allan regarding the problem, but I want to
> share also this problem with all of you subscribed to the TM list.
> Maybe you have also encountered this?
>
> I'm working with few auto-generated FO (XML) files that have no
> line-breaks.
>
> You can reproduce such dummy file with:
> $ cd /tmp
> $ perl -e '{print "<html></html>" x 20000}' > test.html
> $ mate test.html
If I do this test.html pops up in a second.
My settings are Soft wrap is On AND! Check Spelling as you type is OFF.
But then you get into troubles while editing.
In such a case where a XML file contains only one long line I use a
tiny perl script which replaces any closing tag by the closing tag
itself plus '\n' before I pipe the text to mate.

--Hans