[TxMt] Question on tm_dialog: NIB as table editor

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Feb 13 12:32:11 UTC 2008

On 12 Feb 2008, at 20:12, Chris Thomas wrote:
> I don't think there's a way to set the number of columns in an
> NSTableView via bindings. If you can live with a static number of
> columns, the rest is easy. You'll need to rewrite the tab-delimited
> data as entries in an array of dictionaries for the plist:
>
> {nameOfColumn1 => row1valueForColumn1
> nameOfColumnN => row1valueForColumnN},
> {nameOfColumn1 => row2valueForColumn1
> nameOfColumnN => row2valueForColumnN}...
>
> And, in IB, bind the columns individually to
> "controller.nameOfColumnN".
Many thanks for the hint. My concern was whether this is possible in
general ;)
Regarding to the static numbers of columns, I could live with it, but
a nib file contains three 'simple' plist files. Maybe it would be
possible to modify these files at runtime. I don't know whether it
works but at least I'll try it ;-O

Thanks,

Hans