[TxMt] LaTeX Bundle question

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 02:52:25 UTC 2008

Geoff are you by any chance setting the TM_LATEX_MASTER variable
under TextMate -> Preferences -> Advanced? Then TM will always use that.
But perhaps I've missed some part of this conversation.

I don't use xdvi for the very simple reason that by this point in
time I don't feel the need to look at the output, simply looking at
the code tells me all I need to know about how the output is going to
be like, for the most part. And usually I don't have X11 running.

I'm a bit confused though. Do you still go through texMate.py,
calling the existing compile command, or do you use your own command
(command \equiv bundle item)? If it's the latter, then I don't see
how the %!TEX directive will work, unless you do something special in
your command. TextMate by itself does not do anything with the file,
it just calls your command directly. In texMate,py, we have a lot of
code whose job is exactly to locate the root file, if any, and use
that, and that's what the built in compilation command uses.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College