[TxMt] Re: LaTeX problems after updating to 1.5.8

Brad Miller millbr02 at luther.edu
Tue Dec 9 01:57:34 UTC 2008

I've got an idea that this is probably related to a change in how the
current document is saved before latex is run.
Alex/Allan....  Does TextMate.save_current_document ignore the TM preference
for what encoding to use when saving a file?  I can't find any evidence in
the source that it is checking for a specific encoding preference but I'm
not too familiar with that code.

Brad

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 11:26 AM, macvuk at gmail.com <macvuk at googlemail.com>wrote:

> I'm facing compiling problems after the TM update to 1.5.8 (bleeding edge).I
> save my tex-files in my project in Latin1. As soon as i open a new file in
> the project and want to compile it, i get the following error message.
> "LaTeX Error: Command \textcurrency unavailable in encoding T1"
> When i save the file with "save as" and make sure TM saves it in latin1,
> and i close the file, then the compile process suceeds. I'm sure I haven't
> faced this problem with 1.5.7. When i downgrade to this version,
> everything works fine. as soon as i upgrade, i have this problem.
> I think TM wants to save everything in utf8. At least i realised that
> former latin1 docs were saved as utf8. In the prefs pane > advanced> saving
> there is "latin1" listed under "file encoding".
>
> Hope somebody can help me

Brad Miller
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Luther College