[TxMt] Re: A Way to Dump Scope?

Daniel Stockman daniel.stockman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 21:09:16 UTC 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 1:44 PM, Charles Turner wrote:

> If I'm writing a language grammar, I'd love a
> "scope hierarchy browser" a la Smalltalk that would show me what the
> entire scope tree is. Then I could make decisions how to organized my
> language scope and easily learn from other language grammars.

Ah, sorry, misinterpreted your request.

[1]: http://wiki.macromates.com/Bundles/StyleGuide
[2]: http://blog.macromates.com/2005/introduction-to-scopes/
[3]: http://manual.macromates.com/en/language_grammars.html#naming_conventions

The closest it seems the available documentation comes to your request
is this snippet in the StyleGuide[1]:
> To make it a bit easier, there is a validate_bundle.rb script
> inSupport/bin. This is called with a bundle as argument, and will
> tell you if any of the scope names are not conforming, for example:
>
>> cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles ../Support/bin/
>> validate_bundle.rb Java.tmbundle

Without diving into validate_bundle.rb, I couldn't say if this is
anywhere close to what you're looking for (something I once wished
for, as well, but resolved to hobble along via the reading of other
bundles' sources).

~ Daniel