[TxMt] Re: jump history

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Wed Aug 27 18:59:24 UTC 2008

On Aug 27, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Thomas Aylott wrote:

> I usually use cmd-z, cmd-shift-z toundo and redo your last edit.
> That'll move your cursor back there.
>
> There is no way to really do what you want though.
>
> I did once try and built something that would do that, but I found it
> impossible without making a plugin or something. And I have no clue
> how to make a plugin.

Even with a plugin that is near impossible. I tried, because before TM
I used jEdit, and had written just such a plugin that would show me a
clickable list of the last N positions, complete with context of
configurable size. That was extremely useful when working on complex
code, and I really miss that feature.

Gerd