[TxMt] Re: tm_dialog: How to catch the window's close button?

Trevor Squires trevor at protocool.com
Wed Aug 13 16:32:38 UTC 2008

Hey,

I'm not in a position to try this myself right now (so I have no idea
whether it'll work at all) but have you tried binding the window's
'Visible' property to something in params?

Perhaps on close that will get set to false before control is returned
to your script.

Trev

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Hans-Joerg Bibiko <bibiko at eva.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I'm using tm_dialog showing a NIB with enabled close button (red
> button), how can a script controlling the NIB be notified about that
> event?
>
> E.g. the GetBundles script: It makes usages of some threads. If the
> user closes that window these threads should be killed safely. I only
> can do this by defining a separate button sending this event to the
> script and disabling the red close button.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I do not know whether this would be a way but maybe one can overwrite
> the 'close' method within tm_dialog which sends a message to stdout
> before calling super::close.
>
> --Hans

Trevor Squires
http://somethinglearned.com