[TxMt] Recursive LaTeX macros... (LaTeX question)

Evan Berkowitz evan.berkowitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 23:47:36 UTC 2008

I want one function to specify some amount of white space.  Here's
what I've come up with for my .sty file:

\newcommand{\indentLength}{3}
\newcommand{\indentUnit}{em}
\newcommand{\indentFull}{\indentLength\indentUnit}
\newcommand{\indents}[1]{
	\ifthenelse{\greaterthan{#1}{0}}{\hspace{\indentFull}\indents{#1-1}}{}
}

Then, I attempt to use \indent{1} on line 77 of my file.  I get lots
of repeats of the following output:

Latex Error: ./pks.tex:77 Undefined control sequence.

Latex Error: ./pks.tex:77 Missing number, treated as zero.

Latex Error: ./pks.tex:77 Missing = inserted for \ifnum.

Latex Error: ./pks.tex:77 Missing number, treated as zero.

This repeats over and over again, until I get

	Latex Error: ./pks.tex:77 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF
file produced!

Is doing this possible?  I really don't feel like typing things out
over and over again...

Thanks a lot for the help.

Evan

The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program.

     Larry Niven