[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Fri Aug 8 15:31:34 UTC 2008

Tung is bloody from byting it...

Fact is that for the last 3 years I have been waiting for some things
that bug me EVERY DAY to get improved (*1), none of which would
require major work like split panes (which personally I never saw any
use for, but I know others do).

For the last **2 years** TextMate has not seen any major enhancements
other than bug fixes because all effort supposedly goes into a
mystical TM2.

Other IDEs have been catching up. For Objective-C projects TM is
rapidly loosing it's edge over xCode, similar things are probably true
for Java and some other languages.

Damn right I am getting impatient!

Gerd

*1:
- Non-word characters per language instead of global.
- Double-click extend selection behavior with respect to non-word
characters (should do one at a time).
- Double-click on a brace should select to the matching brace (also
- I wish I could reverse click and alt-click when clicking on a fold
marker, I rarely have use for just unfolding the next line or so
because another block follows. Typically I am just interested in
folding/unfolding whole methods/functions.