[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Brad Hutchins oshybrid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 07:14:39 UTC 2008

Well said. A lot of people complain about apple not realeasing OS X
out to a general X86 platform. But people don't stop and think that a
good portion of OS X's stability comes from the fact that it is
written with only specific hardware in mind. If it was put out for you
to load on your of you would see stabity isues arise. And the driver
support would be a nightmare for the first couple of years. Oh yes,
and since apple would not be selling hardware. The price of OS X would
jump from 129.00 to at least 300.00 if not more. So when Steve Jobs
gets up and makes fun of all the different costs of the Vista packages
and said that os x is only 129.00 in comparison keep in mind MS is not
selling hardware. And which version of windows is the most stable and
crashes least? Not the server os. But the varient of windows that runs
on both xbox platforms. Why? Because tv os is coded to specific
unchanging HW. But yes macs are better then the alternatives. But
there is trade off, propritary hardware. It a ballancing act. Make
your choice. Linux? If you make a system with the right hardware yeah
it's solid. But you have to keep a close eye on the HCL and hope you
pick the right ones for the flavor of Linux you choose. Ubunto is a
fair exception, but this is mostly do to the community support and the
fact that the developer sank 50 million of his own cash into the
project. TM is still a better choice. Unless you get one of the
eclipse based IDE or editors because of it's community help.

Sent from my iPhone