[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 23:17:09 UTC 2008

I would also gladly pay for a new version with a working undo feature
and the ability to split the view.  Off the top of my head, I can't
think of anything else that I really feel I'm lacking, but I feel the
lack of those two things on a daily basis.

And, without meaning to start any kind of 'editor war', I do note that
the MacVim team have now managed to create a version of vim that
doesn't look so out of place on a mac, and I'm sure the same is true
of the various emacs ports.  And all of the rest of the competition.

Textmate's competition is not standing still.  Which is not to say
that there should be a version for the sake of it - far from it.
But...but...it is hard not to be impatient for those improvements
which would make a big difference to daily use.