[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Aug 6 20:23:02 UTC 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Adam Strzelecki wrote:

> IMHO announcing TM2 to be free upgrade for current users was wrong
> decision that could discourage the author from working on development.
> Personally I'd love to pay for TM2 if some of the discussed features/
> fixes we available to me, including:

+1.

I bought TextMate June 22, 2005, more than 3 years ago. It is *the*
Application that is always running on my Mac. I work with it every
day. It payed itself several times over.

The "free upgrade" is not something that I would put on TM1 features
list. If TM2 is worth the money of the upgrade (after two years I'm
expecting it should be), I would pay up gladly.

Managing expectations would be great. Or tease us with screencasts. :)

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: melo at simplicidade.org