[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2, I give it up

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Tue Aug 5 12:28:38 UTC 2008

On 2008-Aug-4, at 6:28 PM, Brad Hutchins wrote:

> If anything the bigger question would be for the windows users
> wondering when TM is going to be coming to there platform?

My guess is that TextMate will come to Windows just as soon as Apple
makes it possible to run any old app under Windows, and Windows comes
pre-installed with functional versions of bash, tcsh, PHP, Python,
Ruby, Perl, etc.

There was a brief period where "Cocoa" apps were running under Solaris
and Windows (before they could even run on a Mac), so never say never.
Of course, it [wasn't called Cocoa][1] then, but you know I mean.

As for TM2, I'm looking forward to it, but mostly out of curiosity
because it doesn't seem like there's *that* much room for improvement.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStep

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>