[TxMt] tm_interactive_input question

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Apr 10 14:50:48 UTC 2008

> As I mentioned, I would need a tiny modification: Instead of showing
> a dialog it would be nice to have only a trigger/file/signal
> indicating whether the process wants to read something. Then, e.g.,
> I could simplify the synchronization between Rdaemon and TM. If the
> process (Rdaemon) wants to read something tm_interactive_input will
> write a file let's say 'read.status'. In TM I could run a while loop
> checking the existence of that file. If it exists TM knows that the
> process finished its task. Then TM could delete that file and do
> other things. While writing this it seems to me that this could be
> implemented actually quite easy.

OK. I changed the code of tm_interactive_input for it and in principal
it works perfectly ;)
It was really quite simple caused by the clean structured source code!

Now I have an other problem.

I call R spawned by using this
R < in_pipe > out.txt

Fine. But if R outputs a huge text chunk tm_interactive_input gives me
a signal that R wants to read something, but there're still data in
the pipe to out.txt. It takes time to flush the pipe out.txt to disk.

Is there a way to ask the pipe whether it finished writing?

Regards,

--Hans