[TxMt] Convert Docs to PDF and Summary under Markdown, Textile

marios tmtxpstuff at consking.com
Sat Sep 22 09:56:41 UTC 2007

Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 20/09/2007, at 19:26, marios wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I believe for some reason, that a command that dynamically updates a
>> TOC, if present, would be of much sense, to be available in the
>> markdown, textile and HTML Bundles by default.
>>
>> Out of Interest, I'd like to know Allan's opinion about this for version
>> 2, and if so, any other advice, suggestions about maintaining
>> Documentation files in a separate Project in General.
>
> I think a TOC should not be updated, it should be generated.
>
> One option I think is nice is
> http://projects.serenity.de/textmate/markdown2book/ (since I use
> something similar for the TextMate manual :) )
>
> I’d like for the bundle to have a “New Book…” command though, to easily
> get the user started on a new documentation project (rather than have
> him create the required folder + initial chapter).

I'd love to use this. Unfortunately a successful pdf conversion will
fail, in that all the external links being used internally in the Index
will break.

That's why I'd rather prefer to keep everything in one single large
file, since internal links is the only thing that the PDF document can
handle in this case.

Amaya also seems to have a make book command. Haven't tried it out yet.

regards, marios