[TxMt] Convert Docs to PDF and Summary under Markdown, Textile

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Sep 21 13:21:28 UTC 2007

On 20/09/2007, at 19:26, marios wrote:

> [...]
> I believe for some reason, that a command that dynamically updates a
> TOC, if present, would be of much sense, to be available in the
> markdown, textile and HTML Bundles by default.
>
> Out of Interest, I'd like to know Allan's opinion about this for
> version
> 2, and if so, any other advice, suggestions about maintaining
> Documentation files in a separate Project in General.

I think a TOC should not be updated, it should be generated.

One option I think is nice is http://projects.serenity.de/textmate/markdown2book/
  (since I use something similar for the TextMate manual :) )

I’d like for the bundle to have a “New Book…” command though, to
easily get the user started on a new documentation project (rather
than have him create the required folder + initial chapter).